Every Saturday we organize Observa Convida, an event with special guests so that we can talk about the different faces and topics that make up Sinology and China Studies in Portuguese. We've already talked to renowned people about geopolitics, the future of China, e-commerce, soft power, innovation, Chinese culture and language.
We also frequently organize an English version called Observe Invites , which features discussions in English to facilitate the exchange of ideas with the wider community that debates China around the world.
Our events are not recorded and follow the Chatham House rule: "Participants may use the information received at the event, but the identity or affiliation of the guests, or attendees, cannot be revealed".
We adopt this rule to prioritize interactivity, the face-to-face nature of our events and to create a safe environment, conducive to the exchange of ideas.
read more about the rule on the Chatham House website.
- 31 Jul, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3Zhang Daqian, a arte chinesa no Brasil
- 24 Jul, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3A China em perspectiva antropológica
- 17 Jul, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3O Estado de Direito Socialista na China
- 10 Jul, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3Chinese Diplomacy Under Emotional LensProf. Hall earned his PhD from the University of Chicago in 2008 and has held postdoctoral fellowships at Princeton and Harvard, as well as visiting scholar appointments at the Freie Universität, Tsinghua University and the University of Tokyo. He is also the director of the University of Oxford China Centre.
- 03 Jul, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3Relações Agroalimentares Brasil-China
- 26 Jun, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3Ordem financeira paralela e Banco dos BRICS
- 19 Jun, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3A importância de estudar a cultura chinesa
- 12 Jun, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3Gender and Socialist State FormationWang Zheng is professor Emerita of Women’s and Gender Studies and History at the University of Michigan. She is a long-term academic activist promoting feminist and gender studies in China. She is the founder and co-director of the UM-Fudan Joint Institute for Gender Studies. She has also authored 4 books and coedited 13 volumes on feminism and gender studies in English and Chinese.
- 05 Jun, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3A China, a ONU e Direito ao Desenvolvimento
- 29 May, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3A Tradução do Código Civil Chinês
- 22 May, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3O Ensino do Mandarim no Brasil
- 15 May, 10:00 – 11:45 GMT-3The Changing Role of Chinese WomenZhang Lijia is a factory-worker-turned writer and public speaker. Her articles have appeared in The Guardian, The South China Morning Post, Newsweek and The New York Times. She is the author of the critically acclaimed memoir “Socialism Is Great!” about her decade-long experience of working at a rocket factory in Nanjing.
- 08 May, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3A Relação Brasil-China sob o prisma do AgroLarissa é Assessora Especial da Ministra da Agricultura, Pecuária e Abastecimento para assuntos relativos à China. Tem mais de dez anos de experiência com o mercado asiático trabalhando no desenvolvimento de negócios e relações institucionais. É Mestre em Estudos Contemporâneos da China pela Renmin.
- 01 May, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3História da Ásia e China
- 24 Apr, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3Investimentos Chineses e PMEs brasileiras
- 17 Apr, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT-3Latin America and the US-China competition